March 23, 2011
With most people still confused about what the Affordable Care Act means, and Republicans still vowing to dismantle it, African Americans who have been affected tell The Root how the law's benefiting them.
July 1, 2010
Premiums for those with pre-existing conditions will vary by state.
March 30, 2010
Stage one of health insurance reform is complete. Kinda.
December 21, 2009
The Senate has voted to vote on health care reform. That may not seem like much, but it's important that Democrats get credit for doing what no Congress has ever done before.
October 28, 2009
Unless some major health care reform happens soon, employers may start using your less-than-ideal lifestyle choices against you and your employment status.
September 29, 2009
The Public option for health reform died in the Senate today, to no surprise--the very definition was still subject to a fierce, often comic, semantic battle. Sen. Rockefeller tried calling it a “consumer choice plan,” while Michigan Democrat Debbie Stabenow named it a “grand compromise.” Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) flipped the phrase to explain it as “an option for the public.” They all failed.
September 10, 2009
Tonight the President brought the "full Obama" to a joint session of Congress, and changed the game on health care reform.
September 3, 2009
The White House has announced that president Barack Obama will address a special joint session of Congress next Wednesday evening on the issue of health insurance reform. By doing so, Obama is sticking to the line he whipped out after his first debates with Sen. John McCain in 2008: "Just gimme the ball."
September 1, 2009
RNC Chairman Michael Steele showed up at Howard University. The black kids in attendance were ready to listen--but to what?
August 25, 2009
The technology writer and rudimentary artist Dan Roam decided that the American conversation on health care reform should be simple enough to explain on the back of a napkin. Watch:
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’