by Dayo Olopade onDecember 31, 2009
The first year of the “tweens” promises radical change—and resolutions to some of the unfinished business of the decade before.
by Dayo Olopade onDecember 22, 2009
Senator Roland Burris of Illinois talks about blacks against Obama, the death of the public option, and how health care reform will arrive just in time for Christmas.
December 21, 2009
The Senate has voted to vote on health care reform. That may not seem like much, but it's important that Democrats get credit for doing what no Congress has ever done before.
by Benjamin Todd Jealous onNovember 5, 2009
The NAACP is going to war for “real” health care reform. And that must include a public option.
October 29, 2009
In a press conference, President Obama responds to the health care reform rolled out earlier in the day by Dems...
October 6, 2009
If not for the vigilance of one ill uninsured student, he would be dead now. Why stories like these ought to be influencing health care policy and not bureaucracy.
October 5, 2009
Supporters of health care reform have been waiting for Democrats to re-energize the debate. Who knew slinging mud was the answer?
October 1, 2009
I don’t agree with Rep. Grayson’s remarks any more than I agree with the actions of Rep. Joe Wilson, who could not restrain himself from yelling “You lie!” at the President of the United States of America. But they show that members of Congress are not the mature adults we all deserve working on our behalf in Washington, D.C.
October 1, 2009
Mentholated cigarettes may have avoided the FDA's axe last week, when all other flavored smokes were banned outright. But another African American favorite—sugary drinks—is increasingly a subject of legislative interest.
September 30, 2009
Yesterday the Senate Finance Committee said no to a version of the public option portion of health care reform. News headlines declared the vote a surprise KO punch to the public option. Dig a little deeper and find this vote was only a surprise to those outside of the Beltway.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Memes making fun of the two rage on for hours on Twitter and Instagram.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)