by Dayo Olopade onMarch 22, 2010
In a historic vote, Democrats in Congress approved a plan to renovate the U.S. health care system.
March 21, 2010
Congress delivers a much-needed win to President Obama's desk for signing
December 24, 2009
This was never supposed to happen in the first place--Democratic presidents have tried and failed before to get health care done. So it is a bit of a Christmas miracle. Nevertheless, it has also showcased the hair-pulling politics of progressive reform.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt