by Celeste Little onNovember 1, 2012
The duo can walk calmly among the undead. Plus: There's an annoying guy in a Michael Jackson Halloween costume.
by Lynette Holloway onOctober 31, 2012
A photo of two men wearing thick gold chains, baseball caps and sagging pants raises age-old questions.
by Gary Dauphin onOctober 30, 2012
Arranged by category, these films were made to spook the bejesus out of you this Halloween.
by Carla Martin onOctober 31, 2011
Our favorite Halloween treats may have ties to child-labor abuses in West Africa.
by Helena Andrews onOctober 28, 2011
Single-Minded: A Q&A with the leaders of an Ohio University campaign against offensive garb.
by Darrin Bell onAugust 15, 2011
Dust off your Tea Party costume.
October 20, 2010
The spookiest thing going on this October is that someone thought these get-ups were OK.
October 30, 2009
I’m bracing myself for one or two blackface Baracks. And I’m trying to decide now – because I do my best thinking when I’m not in a ridiculous costume – how I’ll react.
October 23, 2009
For many Americans it seems the only thing scarier than this recession is letting a holiday like Halloween go by without partaking in it.
by Meera Bowman-Johnson onDecember 15, 2008
Halloween costumes are not a cover for racial insults.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours