by Ella Turenne onMay 21, 2012
The Root chats with actor Jimmy Jean-Louis about re-enacting the Caribbean nation's defining moment.
by Esther Tolkoff onJuly 7, 2011
Unlike their parents who focused on politics back home, the new generation of immigrants are making an impact on domestic politics.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 4, 2011
Preliminary results show that Sweet Micky defeated former first lady Mirlande Manigat.
by Joel Dreyfuss onJanuary 18, 2011
By returning to Haiti, Baby Doc Duvalier is betting on the fact that most Haitians are too young to remember the climate of fear that ruled their nation for 30 years.
by Joel Dreyfuss onJanuary 16, 2011
The former Haitian dictator makes a surprising return to his troubled homeland.
by Landon Yarrington onAugust 11, 2010
Since the departure of Aristide, Haiti's youth have created a network of grass-roots organizations that could propel the hip-hop candidate to power.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]