by BOMB Magazine onJanuary 4, 2010
In this 2004 interview culled from BOMB Magazine’s Digital Archives, Haitian writer Evelyne Trouillot talks to Edwidge Danticat about Haiti’s complex history of violent political unrest.
August 4, 2009
Violence, political chaos and insufficient international aid have hampered even the most basic healthcare...
July 28, 2009
"At least 85 people are missing in open water off the Turks and Caicos islands after a boat with up to 200 Haitian migrants on board capsized, killing at least two..."
May 29, 2009
President Obama's interests and Bill Clinton's new role are producing something rare in the hemisphere's poorest nation -- optimism.
May 16, 2009
This is my 16th day of fasting for Darfur, Haiti (where I visit once a month now) and my hometown, Chicago. I waited until the hoopla of Mia Farrow's hunger strike was over to announce my decision to do this. I began my fast on May 1st....
January 6, 2009
How developing nations translated King's message.
January 5, 2009
What happens when the one million Haitians abroad try to feed the 10 million Haitians at home.
by Gary Dauphin onJanuary 5, 2009
How food riots in Haiti crashed my sister's wedding.
January 5, 2009
In Haiti cell phones aren't luxuries, they're tools of development.
by Ibram H. Rogers onDecember 18, 2008
Haiti's revolution inspired our own liberation struggles and now we owe them--big!
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead