July 19, 2010
Haiti continues to struggle as aid arrives slowly.
June 29, 2010
Four U.S. citizens killed in separate robberies near Port-au-Prince's airport.
May 26, 2010
A handful of Malcolm X scholars say the 45-year-old mystery of who really pulled the trigger and killed the iconic black leader has been solved, and are wondering why the news media aren't giving it more attention.
May 10, 2010
As aid dwindles, desperate parents are leaving their children behind in the hopes they will be given a better life.
by Nsenga Burton onApril 21, 2010
Our unique spin on today's headlines.
by Joel Dreyfuss onApril 13, 2010
One her way to Mexico, the first lady stops off in Haiti, where her husband has yet to visit.
March 30, 2010
Often seen as opposing democratic ideals, Haiti's private sector has proposed sweeping reforms and massive investments in advance of the UN donors meeting that promises billions in reconstruction funds.
by Joel Dreyfuss onMarch 30, 2010
A look at the complicated relationship between Haiti and the United States.
March 26, 2010
As attention fades, we must not forget the problems that remain in Haiti.
March 25, 2010
After greeting a crowd of Haitians, W. uses Clinton's button-down as his personal towel.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours