July 15, 2010
This week on The Confab: Oscar Grant and the radioactive fear of black men. Plus, marking six months after the Haiti earthquake and addressing the racial tenor of the Tea Party. Are tea partiers really any more racist than any other political faction? Join The Root's managing editor Joel Dreyfuss as he talks with senior editor Teresa Wiltz, staff writer Cord Jefferson, contributor to The Root Sophia Nelson and journalist/community activist Davey D.
July 9, 2010
Six months after the devastating earthquake, I return to my native city and struggle to remember the Port-au-Prince of my past.
by Theola Labbé-DeBose onMay 6, 2010
As a journalist who'd covered war, I got a kick out of rushing into danger. But would reporting on the earthquake hurt my unborn baby? Could I be a mother and a journalist, too?
April 13, 2010
One her way to Mexico, the first lady stops off in Haiti, where her husband has yet to visit.
April 12, 2010
In Haiti, the routine of life are slowly returning.
March 30, 2010
A look at the complicated relationship between Haiti and the United States.
by Rose-Anne Clermont onMarch 29, 2010
While the focus of the media has been on international humanitarian aid, many Haitian Americans have dropped everything to go lend a hand.
by Jeanne M. Woods onFebruary 23, 2010
As donors prepare an international conference on the devastated nation’s future, let’s make sure all Haitians are heard.
by Angie Chuang onFebruary 8, 2010
Bring up race and adoption, and watch people squirm. But the reality remains that African-American children remain on the bottom rung of the adoption ladder.
by Thomas A. Reed onFebruary 7, 2010
With every catastrophe around the globe, need exceeds resources, and people struggle to survive by any means necessary. So why should Haitians be judged any differently?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Memes making fun of the two rage on for hours on Twitter and Instagram.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)