by Jean McGianni Celestin onJanuary 12, 2013
Three years after a devastating 2010 earthquake, a renewable energy plan aims to help the nation.
by Demetria L. Lucas onJanuary 10, 2012
Two years after the quake, a writer talks to professionals whose lives are almost back to normal.
by Jean McGianni Celestin onJanuary 10, 2012
Young people with Haitian roots were drawn to their homeland after the earthquake two years ago.
by Nsenga Burton onJanuary 12, 2011
Despite billions of dollars in global relief aid and a 12,000-strong U.N. peacekeeping presence, the road to recovery continues to be painfully slow.
by Joel Dreyfuss onJanuary 11, 2011
One year after a monstrous earthquake rocked the small Caribbean nation, progress is glacial -- and in many ways, things have gotten worse.
January 11, 2011
A year after a devastating earthquake struck Haiti, its residents, many of whom are without homes, are trying to pick up the pieces.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
That people share attacks on social media is unfortunate, but also helpful in the end.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview