by Jean McGianni Celestin onJanuary 12, 2013
Three years after a devastating 2010 earthquake, a renewable energy plan aims to help the nation.
by Demetria L. Lucas onJanuary 10, 2012
Two years after the quake, a writer talks to professionals whose lives are almost back to normal.
by Jean McGianni Celestin onJanuary 10, 2012
Young people with Haitian roots were drawn to their homeland after the earthquake two years ago.
by Nsenga Burton onJanuary 12, 2011
Despite billions of dollars in global relief aid and a 12,000-strong U.N. peacekeeping presence, the road to recovery continues to be painfully slow.
by Joel Dreyfuss onJanuary 11, 2011
One year after a monstrous earthquake rocked the small Caribbean nation, progress is glacial -- and in many ways, things have gotten worse.
January 11, 2011
A year after a devastating earthquake struck Haiti, its residents, many of whom are without homes, are trying to pick up the pieces.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’