by Hillary Crosley onDecember 15, 2012
After the Sandy Hook tragedy, here's a look at the history of shooting sprees in the U.S.
by Jarvis DeBerry onOctober 7, 2012
Times-Picayune columnist Jarvis DeBerry laments the sobering statistics that reveal that no matter what one's background, anyone can become the unlucky victim of a bullet.
by Hillary Crosley onSeptember 17, 2012
We caught up with Sharpton during his campaign to tackle rising violence in our streets.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt