January 2, 2013
As we count down the days to a second term, a look at the president's record on stemming gun violence.
by Jason Silverstein onMay 16, 2012
Marissa Alexander says she fired a shot in self-defense. Why haven't gun advocates supported her?
by Steven Gray onMarch 21, 2012
President Obama should be leading the discussion on ways to get weapons off the streets.
by The Rev. Al Sharpton onOctober 28, 2011
Elected officials and leaders must hold gun buy-back programs, among other things, to help rid the streets of dangerous weapons, the Rev. Al Sharpton writes in a blog entry at the Huffington Post.
by Nick Chiles onApril 25, 2011
A transplanted New Jerseyan ruminates on the Southern obsession with firearms.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge