April 18, 2013
Progressives who don't vote leave us with leaders who don't represent the majority.
January 2, 2013
As we count down the days to a second term, a look at the president's record on stemming gun violence.
by Clinton Yates onDecember 18, 2012
Reflecting on the Connecticut school shooting, The Root DC's Clinton Yates argues that unraveling the culture of violence in the United States begins with making people understand that guns kill people.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt