by Hillary Crosley onApril 21, 2013
Statistics show many Americans aren't working full time because companies aren't offering positions.
by Hillary Crosley onSeptember 23, 2012
In terms of their career growth, youth ages 20-24 are most acutely affected by the Great Recession.
April 21, 2012
Your Take: A recent report calls on policymakers to address racial inequality in jobs and income.
by Laura S. Washington onSeptember 21, 2011
Black-owned firms tend to hire black employees because of persistent segregation in her city, writes Chicago Sun-Times columnist Laura S. Washington.
September 16, 2011
The poor are virtually invisible in today's political debate, says Jesse Jackson in a column at the Chicago Sun-Times.
by Latoya Peterson onMay 21, 2010
Even if you have a high income, you may lag far behind your white friends when it comes to wealth accumulation. Here's how to close the gap.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]