June 22, 2010
Tim Scott could become the former Confederate state's first black GOP congressman in more than a century.
by Jack White onApril 9, 2010
The flap over Confederate History Month recalls the mean, mean side of the Old Dominion.
by Joel Dreyfuss onFebruary 26, 2010
Media report that the state's first black governor intervened in a domestic violence case invoving an aide.
by Keith Wright onJanuary 6, 2009
Uptown gets bragging rights over the next New York governor.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’
- Body Of Portland Woman Missing In Hawaii Found On Beach
- Check Out Barack ‘Barry’ Obama’s Prom Pics!