by Farai Chideya onJanuary 26, 2013
A voting-rights bill that says districts need federal approval to change laws may not reflect the times.
by Hillary Crosley onAugust 26, 2012
Chris Christie and other state leaders are still on for Tampa despite tropical storm Isaac.
by Hillary Crosley onJuly 1, 2012
Despite the Supreme Court's Obamacare ruling, Florida Gov. Scott says no to its implementation.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onDecember 20, 2011
The parents of the alleged hazing victim say that keeping James Ammons as president is the wrong move.
by Nsenga Burton onApril 1, 2011
St. Petersburg Times columnist Howard Troxler says the Florida Legislature is officially for sale.
by Nsenga Burton onMarch 30, 2011
Gov. Rick Scott's assault on poor people continues.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt