by Helena Andrews onFebruary 3, 2013
In her memoir, the pop star's mom describes the folly and frustration of witnessing her daughter's life.
by Stacy-Ann Ellis onFebruary 1, 2013
The Root Recommends: Get an Understanding, an a cappella album from Mississippi trio the Como Mamas.
by Hillary Crosley onJune 3, 2012
Gospel historian Anthony Helibut is tired of the black church ignoring its gay parishioners.
by Joshua R. Weaver onJune 3, 2011
This new documentary celebrates the illustrious history of gospel music.
December 14, 2010
Yolanda Adams talks to Contributing Editor Anji Corley about her wardrobe, balancing work and motherhood, and her plans for 2011.
by Martin Johnson onNovember 12, 2010
On the heels of the release of I Know I've Been Changed, his first all-gospel album since Hurricane Katrina, Aaron Neville chats with The Root about gospel music, New Orleans and his upcoming wedding.
by Denise Stewart onJuly 19, 2010
Family, friends and fans of the gospel music legend will gather this week for a two-day tribute to his life and legacy. Here's why two days is barely enough to memorialize him.
July 12, 2010
The Grammy Award-winning artist succumbs to cancer.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A trending topic turns into an informative consciousness-raising session.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview
- George Zimmerman’s Attorney Attempts To Smear Image Of Trayvon Martin