February 27, 2013
Clarence Thomas is among the justices who could deal a crippling blow to the Voting Rights Act.
by Brentin Mock onOctober 8, 2012
Brentin Mock, voting-rights expert, writes in the Nation that Artur Davis shouldn't defend a movement that seeks to resurrect tactics of historically diversionary groups, like Birmingham's White Citizens' Council.
August 20, 2012
The groups say the partnership is a shared social agenda that will reach beyond the ballot box in November.
by Charles M. Blow onAugust 19, 2012
If American Democratic voters aren't angry, they certainly should be, according to New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow.
August 17, 2012
Elongated Thoughts: Black social media influencers come together to educate about voting laws through dialogue and engagement.
by Aura Bogado onAugust 13, 2012
Aura Bogado at Colorlines digs into a new app that helps voters push back against unfairly restrictive voter-ID laws.
by Aura Bogado onJuly 21, 2012
ColorLines voting-rights reporter Aura Bogado has discovered what many have already assumed: Folks who don't really like African Americans are more likely to support voter-ID laws.
July 8, 2012
As the presidential election heats up, the group renews its commitment to fight the restrictive laws.
July 6, 2012
Pennsylvanians will be required to show government-issued photo ID to cast votes in November.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack