November 26, 2008
The adage says it's the thought that counts, but getting someone exactly what they asked for can feel like more of an obligation than a meaningful gesture. This doesn't mean you should break out the glue sticks and glitter to make presents for your loved ones. It means finding cheaper and (ideally) more heartfelt alternatives.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt