by Sunni M. Khalid onJanuary 7, 2011
The upcoming referendum on Southern independence from Sudan has divided black Americans interested in affairs on the African continent, pitting African-American Muslims against black Christians. Call it Louis Farrakhan vs. the Rev. Al Sharpton.
June 13, 2010
The detention of U.S. lawyer Peter Erlinder has attorneys hesitant to travel to Rwanda.
May 29, 2010
Attorney Peter Erlinder was arrested in Kigali when he attempted to defend an opposition figure. He had accused Rwanda's president of setting off the 1994 genocide.
by Zachariah Mampilly onApril 14, 2010
Darfur's fallen out of the news. But Africa's largest country is at an important crossroads.
by Greg Beals onDecember 9, 2009
It’s been 30 years since the Khmer Rouge’s reign of terror ended. Some things you just can’t forget.
July 8, 2009
Prosecutors for the International Criminal Court is appealing this decision...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The 17-year-old rapper made threats after Perry bashed his song online.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Life Coach Helps Entrepreneurs Take Their Businesses To Next Level
- Michael Clarke Duncan’s Grave Desecrated By Racists, Family Says
- Commerce Department Announce $6.3 Million Minority Business Grant Competition
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]