by David Swerdlick onMay 8, 2012
The president's new campaign slogan is "Forward." On same-sex marriage, that's where he should go.
by Washington Post onFebruary 7, 2012
Proposition 8 violates the right to equal protection, a federal appeals panel ruled.
December 16, 2011
Journal-isms: If financing arrangements succeed, Heart & Soul, a health-and-fitness magazine targeting black women, will be acquired by what would be its sixth owner in its 23 years.
December 9, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Washington reporter Cynthia Gordy as she chats with Deputy Editor Lauren Williams and contributor Michael Arceneaux about whether political correctness has a place in comedy, and new laws that might make it harder to vote in 2012.
by Lynette Holloway onAugust 29, 2011
A Washington, D.C., pastor argues that there is a connection to the black community's struggle.
by Helena Andrews onJuly 1, 2011
Single-Minded: I've always dreamed of having a white wedding. My still-unmarried lesbian mother never had that luxury.
by John McWhorter onJune 29, 2011
Polite dissent on same-sex marriage today may seem bigoted decades from now.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onMarch 20, 2011
VIDEO: In his acceptance speech, Martin thanks the gay-advocacy group for coming to his aid in Puerto Rico.
February 24, 2011
A leading black gay-rights organization says that President Obama's new stand against the Defense of Marriage Act has especially high stakes for African-American LGBT families.
by Nsenga Burton onFebruary 23, 2011
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said that he and President Obama had determined that the law's key section is unconstitutional.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.