by Edward Wyckoff Williams onDecember 13, 2012
As the Supreme Court gears up to hear two marriage-equality cases, advocates talk about the movement.
by Brett Johnson onDecember 13, 2012
From an Obama-Huxtable comparison to tasting Swedish socialism, the outbound comic had us rolling.
by Mary C. Curtis onNovember 3, 2012
High court prospects aren't on her mind now, Cali's chief lawyer told us while stumping for Obama.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onOctober 11, 2012
Gallaudet's Angela McCaskill is on paid leave after signing a petition against marriage equality.
by Edward Wyckoff Williams onOctober 5, 2012
Amid news stories about anti-gay pastors, the Rev. Delman Coates tells why he supports marriage equality.
by Gene Demby onSeptember 27, 2012
Let's stop pretending that marriage equality will affect Obama's African-American turnout.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 7, 2012
Nicole Y. Dennis-Benn gives a firsthand account of the historic moment.
May 31, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: A heated forum shows that black Christians are not monolithic on the issue.
by Jonathan Capehart onMay 31, 2012
The Washington Post's Jonathan Capehart reflects on how far we have to go on the issue of marriage equality.
by Barbara Reynolds onMay 26, 2012
In a piece for The Root DC, ordained minister Barbara Reynolds argues that African-American Christians can reconcile support for the president with their faith.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods