by Joel Dreyfuss onOctober 21, 2011
The eccentric dictator's demise reminds African strongmen of their own vulnerability.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 11, 2011
African Union peace initiative has been rejected.
by Natalie Y. Moore onMarch 14, 2011
How the feds used the Libyan dictator to bring down the infamous El Rukns gang from the city's South Side.
by Sunni M. Khalid onMarch 11, 2011
Both countries are on the brink of civil war and held hostage by ruthless rulers who refuse to step down. Both countries have seen thousands of innocents slaughtered. So why are the media ignoring what's happening in Ivory Coast?
by Jack White onFebruary 25, 2011
For years, a number of black leaders have paid homage to Muammar Qaddafi and other ruthless African heads of state. They should be ashamed.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onFebruary 23, 2011
Attacks on anti-government protesters in the North African nation will come at a price, he says.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010