by Stacy-Ann Ellis onDecember 19, 2012
From YOLO to Chrihanna to Obama hate, some things are better off not seeing the new year.
by Joshunda Sanders onDecember 12, 2012
The Olympic gold-medal winner, who has a new memoir, tells how she turned negatives into positives.
by T.F. Charlton onAugust 10, 2012
Reports that black women are fixated on the gymnast's hair have been greatly exaggerated. Why? Because of the media's insistence on focusing on difference instead of achievement when it comes to certain groups, argues Ebony's T.F. Charlton.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 6, 2012
In today's link roundup: The Olympic medalist responds to the silliest conversation surrounding the Olympic Games. Plus: What exactly did LoLo Jones do wrong?
by Demetria L. Lucas onAugust 3, 2012
In her Essence column, The Root's contributing editor Demetria L. Lucas tells critics that the two-time Olympic gold medalist's hair looks perfectly fine -- and even if it didn't, her performance is what matters.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge