by Eskinder Nega onOctober 3, 2012
From Warscapes: Ethiopia's Eskinder Nega describes what it's like to be arrested for his writing.
by Charlayne Hunter-Gault onJuly 23, 2012
Eskinder Nega received a sentence that spared his life but could spell death for press freedom.
by Charlayne Hunter-Gault onJune 18, 2012
Charlayne Hunter-Gault went there with media advocates to urge the release of jailed journalists.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)