May 18, 2011
Six days after Florida Rep. Frederica Wilson hand-delivered a request to President Obama, his administration allowed displaced Haitians more time to legally stay in the U.S. She tells The Root what it means for Haitian recovery.
by Washington Post onDecember 2, 2010
Wilson, 68, who was elected to Congress last month to represent part of the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area, has distinguished herself with a daily display of head-snapping hats.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010