May 18, 2011
Six days after Florida Rep. Frederica Wilson hand-delivered a request to President Obama, his administration allowed displaced Haitians more time to legally stay in the U.S. She tells The Root what it means for Haitian recovery.
by Washington Post onDecember 2, 2010
Wilson, 68, who was elected to Congress last month to represent part of the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area, has distinguished herself with a daily display of head-snapping hats.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge