by Sherrel W. Stewart onApril 22, 2013
From L.A. to Harlem, these clergy members have distinguished themselves within their denominations.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 20, 2012
The Rev. Fred Luter says that he supports Obama but that God sends a different message when it comes to gay Americans.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 18, 2012
The Rev. Fred Luter is expected to be the next leader of the formerly segregated, all-white denomination. Will his presidency make a difference?
by Denise Stewart onJune 16, 2011
The election of a black vice president to the mostly white Southern Baptist Convention could be a sign of change. Or not. Here's what he told us.
by Nsenga Burton onJune 15, 2011
Fred Luter is poised to become the first black head of the nation's largest Protestant denomination.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]