by Terrell Jermaine Starr onDecember 18, 2011
Overcoming poverty is not only about access. It requires making a huge cultural shift, Fulbright scholar Terrell Jermaine Starr writes at News One.
December 16, 2011
Journal-isms: If financing arrangements succeed, Heart & Soul, a health-and-fitness magazine targeting black women, will be acquired by what would be its sixth owner in its 23 years.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onDecember 14, 2011
"If I Were a Poor Black Kid" drew massive criticism. A Forbes staffer explains that that might have been the whole point.
by Elon James White onDecember 14, 2011
Middle-class white guy writes about what he would do if he were a poor black kid. Craziness ensues.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
That people share attacks on social media is unfortunate, but also helpful in the end.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News