March 7, 2013
Guess who she was spotted catching a Sweet Honey in the Rock set with?
February 12, 2013
Beyond "Let's Move": What if the first lady took on these issues during her husband's second term?
February 5, 2013
"Fat-butt Michelle" is just the latest inappropriate reported criticism of the "Let's Move" founder. Where is this coming from?
December 21, 2012
The first lady writes a letter to Newtown. Plus: Fat Joe pleads guilty to tax evasion.
November 9, 2012
From voter-ID backlash to Hurricane Sandy, here's what made the difference on Nov. 6.
by Hillary Crosley onOctober 19, 2012
The POTUS addressed his sleepy performance at the first debate and traded jokes with Jon Stewart.
September 27, 2012
Kids at a Kansas high school say that Michelle Obama-backed nutrition guidelines left them hungry, and they made a parody video to prove it. Could the solution be as simple as an after-school snack?
by Mary C. Curtis onSeptember 5, 2012
As DNC attendees basked in the afterglow of her convention speech, she urged them to get moving.
September 5, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: From her personal take on struggle to that Tracy Reese dress, some highlights.
September 4, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: She says that will be among her messages when she addresses the DNC tonight.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]