December 30, 2012
MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry talks with editor in chief Mitzi Miller about the magazine's civil rights legacy.
December 2, 2012
MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry encourages Americans to see black boys like Jordan Davis as people, not threats.
by Jamilah Lemieux onDecember 2, 2012
Last week, many were shocked to hear that Florida teenager Jordan Davis was shot by a white man at a gas station, but Ebony's Jamilah Lemieux was not. Instead she wonders how many more will fall victim to terrified and displaced white males in the Obama era.
December 1, 2012
The attorney tried to deflect what could become a Trayvon Martin-like racial firestorm.
by Judith Browne Dianis onNovember 29, 2012
Your Take: Jordan Davis' death is proof the controversial law has an unjust impact on black boys.
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt