by Celeste Little onDecember 17, 2012
The Root Recommends: A collaborative project that promotes protest art against U.S. financial inequity.
by Lynette Holloway onDecember 8, 2012
The president requested the aid package from Congress to help New York, New Jersey and other states hit hard by superstorm Sandy.
by Michael H. Cottman onDecember 8, 2012
BlackAmericaWeb's Michael H. Cottman says that when it comes to African Americans, discussion of the details of the looming deadline isn't entertaining, but it's important.
December 7, 2012
The latest jobs numbers are good, and Sen. Jim DeMint's exit might make fiscal-cliff negotiations easier.
by The Rev. Al Sharpton onDecember 7, 2012
Writing at the Huffington Post, the Rev. Al Sharpton says that the majority of Americans -- blacks, whites, Latinos, gays, lesbians and seniors -- cannot (and shouldn't have to) pay the bill of the elite 2 percent by having "entitlement programs" eliminated or cut.
December 5, 2012
According to a poll, most Americans will blame Congress if we go over the edge.
by Tavis Smiley onDecember 4, 2012
Writing at the Huffington Post, Tavis Smiley evaluates the current "cliffhanger" through the lens of poverty.
December 3, 2012
Can we believe House Speaker Boehner's claims that the president's fiscal plan will slow the economy?
by Imara Jones onDecember 3, 2012
Colorlines' Imara Jones writes that the fiscal cliff that politicians are so worried about is really about a redistribution of wealth, from white Americans to everyone else.
by Hillary Crosley onDecember 2, 2012
The treasury secretary says Republicans are in a "difficult position."
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods