June 24, 2011
In this FLOTUS pool report: The first lady spoke with students at the University of Cape Town, stressing the importance of hard work in order to achieve success.
June 20, 2011
In South Africa and Botswana, the first lady will champion her usual youth-empowerment theme -- and advance her husband's agenda.
by Nsenga Burton onJune 20, 2011
Mrs. Obama will deliver the keynote address to a U.S.-sponsored Young African Women Leaders Forum in South Africa.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Memes making fun of the two rage on for hours on Twitter and Instagram.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt