by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onNovember 5, 2012
100 Amazing Facts About the Negro: He's sometimes called the "Abraham Lincoln" of his nation.
by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onOctober 15, 2012
Henry Louis Gates Jr. describes the man who inspired his new weekly black history series on The Root.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 8, 2012
In today's link roundup: "I want all Americans to have opportunity," the president told Black Enterprise. Plus: Nivea drops Rihanna.
by Michael Nutter onJune 7, 2012
Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter, writing for the Huffington Post, says that President Obama has fought every day to improve the lives of African Americans.
by John McWhorter onOctober 5, 2011
Barack Obama's ability to speak Ebonics is nothing to be ashamed of, says our resident linguist.
by Tauren Dyson onSeptember 22, 2011
White liberals are holding President Obama to a double standard, says Tulane professor Melissa Harris-Perry.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods