by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onNovember 5, 2012
100 Amazing Facts About the Negro: He's sometimes called the "Abraham Lincoln" of his nation.
by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onOctober 15, 2012
Henry Louis Gates Jr. describes the man who inspired his new weekly black history series on The Root.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 8, 2012
In today's link roundup: "I want all Americans to have opportunity," the president told Black Enterprise. Plus: Nivea drops Rihanna.
by Michael Nutter onJune 7, 2012
Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter, writing for the Huffington Post, says that President Obama has fought every day to improve the lives of African Americans.
by John McWhorter onOctober 5, 2011
Barack Obama's ability to speak Ebonics is nothing to be ashamed of, says our resident linguist.
by Tauren Dyson onSeptember 22, 2011
White liberals are holding President Obama to a double standard, says Tulane professor Melissa Harris-Perry.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’
- Body Of Portland Woman Missing In Hawaii Found On Beach
- Check Out Barack ‘Barry’ Obama’s Prom Pics!