by Zettler Clay onApril 2, 2013
Clutch magazine's Zettler Clay argues that "unless there is heightened demand for artistic honesty in dealing with life's issues, particularly qualms with the opposite sex, hip-hop will plateau and thus fall far short of its rich potential."
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onApril 7, 2012
Don't believe the hype surrounding the rapper's role in hip-hop history.
by Dr. Joycelyn Wilson onOctober 19, 2011
A Harvard hip-hop scholar compares the golden age to today's era of violence and greed.
by Dara Sharif onJune 23, 2011
The rapper-producer was diagnosed with thyroid condition in 2008.
by Nsenga Burton onFebruary 4, 2011
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours