by Helena Andrews onJanuary 4, 2013
Her anti-gay Instagram rant made one thing clear: Celebrities should avoid social media sermons.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onNovember 9, 2012
Responding to plastic surgery allegations, the singer says she's slimmed down thanks to a wellness plan and "everything is steadily changing."
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 3, 2012
"The only person who will never leave you alone is Jesus," she said in comments about her own struggles and Whitney Houston's.
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 13, 2010
Both singers allegedly stepped out with a married man. All similarity ends there. Guess which one gets a pass and which one gets labeled with a scarlet letter -- and why.
by Erin E. Evans onJanuary 12, 2010
These days, reality TV is the last resort for down-on-their-luck, formerly famous folks. So why can’t I stop watching?
by Mark Anthony Neal onFebruary 9, 2009
The Fantasia/Jennifer Hudson duet is not just a catfight on wax. It's part of a long tradition of soul singers venting about their man.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges