by Helena Andrews onJanuary 4, 2013
Her anti-gay Instagram rant made one thing clear: Celebrities should avoid social media sermons.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onNovember 9, 2012
Responding to plastic surgery allegations, the singer says she's slimmed down thanks to a wellness plan and "everything is steadily changing."
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 3, 2012
"The only person who will never leave you alone is Jesus," she said in comments about her own struggles and Whitney Houston's.
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 13, 2010
Both singers allegedly stepped out with a married man. All similarity ends there. Guess which one gets a pass and which one gets labeled with a scarlet letter -- and why.
by Erin E. Evans onJanuary 12, 2010
These days, reality TV is the last resort for down-on-their-luck, formerly famous folks. So why can’t I stop watching?
by Mark Anthony Neal onFebruary 9, 2009
The Fantasia/Jennifer Hudson duet is not just a catfight on wax. It's part of a long tradition of soul singers venting about their man.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.