by Nsenga Burton onOctober 29, 2010
Who knew that FarmVille could lead a mom to murder.
August 17, 2010
A dispute over who really owns the social networking site has surfaced.
July 29, 2010
Users' information was made public and some say can no longer be made private.
July 16, 2010
Troubled mom tracked down the son she had given up for adoption through Facebook.
July 15, 2010
Danah Boyd suggests that it wasn't necessarily ingenuity that let to Facebook's mass appeal.
July 14, 2010
Not only is his strength, intelligence and beauty at the forefront of his character, but it’s heralded as being at the apex of manhood.
June 21, 2010
We asked The Root readers to share their favorite anthem for getting through the summer heat. Here's what you had to say.
May 13, 2010
An alleged instant message conversation between a 19-year-old Zuckerberg and a friend may shed light on Facebook's privacy problem.
April 23, 2010
Now you can let your friends know what you like on The Root.
February 23, 2010
Chris Wilson writes on how social networks caught Saddam Hussein; whould we be using Internet technology to catch all criminals?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook