by Denene Millner onMay 8, 2013
Writing at her MyBrownBaby blog, Denene Millner hip-checks Eve, who says she wants to raise colorblind children, arguing that the star has been blinded to reality by the veneer of money and celebrity.
by Aisha I. Jefferson onOctober 10, 2012
Despite a brawl, props were given to the late music exec. Plus, T.I. and others rocked the mic.
by Joshua R. Weaver onDecember 1, 2011
For National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, we look at some of our community's famous activists.
by Akoto Ofori-Atta onMarch 18, 2011
Joan Morgan coined the phrase back in 1999, but what does hip-hop feminism look like today? Is it Queen Latifah? Nicki Minaj? Or the 10-year-old girl calling out Lil Wayne?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Users will be able to share moving pictures with the popular app starting June 20.
Voting-rights advocates are applauding the decision. But does it mean anything for the long-awaited ruling in Shelby?
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Lil’ Wayne Music Video Shows Rapper Stomping on American Flag
- Mississippi Booty Doc Charged in 2nd Butt-Injection Death
- Dave Chappelle Returns to the Stage With 13-Date Comedy Tour
- Scholar, Author James Weldon Johnson Was Born On This Day In 1871
- Popular Houston Stripper Suffers Miscarriage While Twerking On Stage?