by Washington Post onJanuary 30, 2012
Hundreds of family, friends and fans attended a memorial service dedicated to Etta James.
by Paul Devlin onJanuary 20, 2012
From doo-wop to soul to gospel to blues, her 50-year career was the mature sound track for several generations.
by Lynette Holloway onAugust 5, 2011
A report about Etta James' death was a hoax.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt