by Eskinder Nega onOctober 3, 2012
From Warscapes: Ethiopia's Eskinder Nega describes what it's like to be arrested for his writing.
August 22, 2012
With the death of Meles Zenawi, the government crackdown on journalists could end -- or intensify.
June 18, 2012
Charlayne Hunter-Gault went there with media advocates to urge the release of jailed journalists.
May 15, 2012
Charlayne Hunter-Gault relates the travails of married journalists Serkalem Fasil and Eskinder Nega.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt