November 5, 2010
Former Time Inc. executive editor Sheryl Tucker is returning to run the magazine on an acting basis.
by Harriette Cole onJuly 30, 2010
by Jozen Cummings onJuly 30, 2010
July 28, 2010
Controversy sparks over the decision to hire a white fashion director to celebrate black beauty.
by Brentin Mock onJuly 5, 2010
A corporate event in the struggling city brings stars and money but also creates tensions with the locals.
July 2, 2010
Essence magazine's annual music festival helps sustain New Orleans tourism and economy, despite the oil spill.
June 23, 2010
Jada dishes on Jaden's first kiss and on body image issues.
May 18, 2010
The famed author's ties with the magazine stretch back to her college days.
February 5, 2010
It's hard to find the words to describe a woman who has truly transformed and impacted the image of black female feminity and beauty more than Mikki Taylor.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
That people share attacks on social media is unfortunate, but also helpful in the end.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview