by Tamara Jeffries onFebruary 16, 2013
Tamara Jeffries, a former editor at the black women's publication, writes at Poynter that the embattled monthly is more than just pages glued together. It's an institution and a reflection of the African-American female experience.
February 13, 2013
New Republic's article "The Party of White People" prompts critics to turn the tables.
November 4, 2009
Journalsticks is reporting that the vaunted magazine's Web staff has been cut a week after it's relaunch...
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]