April 11, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: At the National Action Network convention, the teen shooting is the focus.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 17, 2012
The attorney general says that the principle of electoral equality is still endangered.
December 13, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: The attorney general puts new voting practices on notice -- but also slams some of the old ones.
December 12, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: The attorney general's upcoming Texas speech won't announce legal action, but it will still be historic.
December 2, 2011
Blogging the Beltway: The Obama administration thinks so, issuing new guidelines supporting school diversity programs.
by Joshua R. Weaver onOctober 11, 2011
Black students are often removed from school for minor infractions, says a new report.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onApril 7, 2011
Just days after kicking off his 2012 re-election bid, Obama addresses a convention for the reverend's activist group, with cabinet members in tow.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 4, 2011
Says allegations of Justice Department reverse racism "fly in the face of history and facts."
March 3, 2011
Attorney General Eric Holder referred to blacks as "my people" during a House subcommittee hearing. What's the problem?
July 9, 2010
It's in everyone’s best interests to find out why, after having a blackjack outside a polling place and calling people “crackers," the Justice's sole movement against King Samir Shabazz was an injunction barring him from having a weapon within 100 feet of a polling place.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966