June 27, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: The man behind the high court ruling calls it a win for juvenile justice.
by Lauren Williams onMarch 5, 2012
Bryan Stevenson breaks down the inequalities in our justice system at TED2012.
by Katti Gray onJune 4, 2010
A new report detailing their systematic exclusion from southern juries is no surprise to them.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onJune 4, 2010
News that blacks are systematically excluded from juries in the South signals the need for a full investigation by federal authorities.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook