by Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins onMarch 3, 2013
Your Take: Blacks face health consequences as a result of pollution. We need to demand change now.
by Dr. J. Marshall Shepherd onFebruary 12, 2013
Inspired by a recent storm, Dr. J. Marshall Shepherd explains in a piece for Ebony why this generation's greatest environmental challenge is even more serious for black people.
by Cynthia Gordy onAugust 27, 2011
Administrator Lisa P. Jackson says all people deserve clean communities. Here's what she's done.
by Cord Jefferson onOctober 26, 2010
As part of The Root's series about how President Obama's policies affect African Americans, we look at the administration's initiatives regarding the green economy and environmental justice.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music