by Michael Arceneaux onJuly 21, 2012
Ebony's Michael Arceneaux offers his take on this year's candidates, with a focus on the way African-American actors fared.
July 14, 2011
The academy recognizes three great actors in its 2011 nominations.
by Erin E. Evans onFebruary 26, 2011
The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences recognized Young for being one of the first to integrate television.
by John McWhorter onSeptember 7, 2010
All-black shows are still too rare in prime-time, but on any night you can find African-American actors playing rich, complex characters. That's progress, and we should acknowledge it.
September 3, 2010
King pens a letter on the Huffington Post about the lack of color at the Emmys.
by Lawrence C. Ross Jr. onAugust 30, 2010
Not much color at the Primetime Emmy Awards this year, and the Tweeps had plenty to say about it. That, plus Laurence Fishburne, Al Pacino, Jimmy Fallon's 40-ounce "tribute" to Law and Order, and more ...
August 30, 2010
It's hard to have winners of color when so few are nominated.
September 21, 2009
The 61st Primetime Emmys aired last night. And no, I'm not going to complain about the lack of black award winners or nominees. Well, maybe a little.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods