by Allen C. Guelzo onApril 11, 2011
On the 150th anniversary of the first shot fired, many blacks are indifferent. Why they're wrong.
by Henry Louis Gates Jr. onFebruary 3, 2009
Was The Great Emancipator truly the mythical hero we have come to revere? Read the washingtonpost.com Live Online discussion: "WAS LINCOLN A RACIST?" with The Root's editor in chief Henry Louis Gates Jr.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt