July 2, 2010
This week on the Confab: The BET Awards and the black community's hypocritical treatment of domestic-abuse offenders. If Don Cornelius gets a pass, why can't Chris Brown? Plus, race-baiting at Elena Kagan's confirmation hearing, housekeeping headaches for Obama, and America's best black-owned bed and breakfasts. Join The Root's managing editor, Joel Dreyfuss, as he talks to staff writer Cord Jefferson, buzz editor Nsenga Burton and contributor to The Root Frank McCoy.
*Podcast production by Abdullah Rufus.
*Podcast theme music by Timothy Morrison.
by Sherrilyn A. Ifill onJune 30, 2010
Just because Elena Kagan is white didn't stop Republicans from injecting race into her Supreme Court confirmation hearings.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt