by Janelle Harris onFebruary 23, 2013
Clutch magazine's Janelle Harris admits that she's at least partly guilty of "pandering to the social convention that dismisses the way black folks speak as sounding uneducated."
by Helena Andrews onAugust 15, 2012
In TLC's show, a white kid makes black stereotypical slang her own. That may not be a bad thing.
October 5, 2011
Barack Obama's ability to speak Ebonics is nothing to be ashamed of, says our resident linguist.
April 26, 2011
The use of the word "up" is just one example of the complexity of Black English -- and how there are right and wrong ways to use it.
by Nsenga Burton onAugust 25, 2010
AOL contributor Michael Arceneaux thinks it's no big deal.
August 25, 2010
Imagine a little old white lady in Boise transcribing a wiretapped conversation from The Wire. Knowmsayin'?
by Omar Wasow onJanuary 10, 2010
The Senate majority leader has apologized for his remarks about race and color, but he was simply being honest about how voters react to skin color.
January 7, 2009
Writer John McWhorter defends fried chicken, dancing and Ebonics.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
That people share attacks on social media is unfortunate, but also helpful in the end.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News