by E.R. Shipp onNovember 8, 2011
The Supreme Court has declined to review his racially tainted case. Now it may be up to Rick Perry.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onNovember 7, 2011
Duane Buck was sentenced to die after jurors were told that "the race factor" made him dangerous. The Supreme Court has denied his appeal.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onSeptember 16, 2011
The U.S. Supreme Court intervened on the day he was to be executed.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt