by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 25, 2011
How will law-enforcement agencies handle this bizarre drug trend?
by Les Payne onAugust 10, 2010
But black crack cocaine sellers and dealers will still be punished more harshly than whites trafficking in powder cocaine.
July 28, 2010
The Fair Sentencing Act of 2010, which will at last narrow the divide between prison sentences for crack and powder cocaine busts, is on its way to President Obama’s desk today.
May 30, 2010
A lawyer alleges she has been in touch with 'Dudus' Coke.
May 26, 2010
The president is attempting to boost border protection along the U.S. southern border.
May 24, 2010
Violence has erupted over a reputed drug lord whom U.S. authorities wish to take into custody.
December 14, 2009
The divide widens between rich and poor in Copenhagen, Native American gangs on the reservation, New York governor closes the purse, and Houston's gay mayor.
September 22, 2009
We get it already: Drug dealers are cool, they’re ruthless, and they make more profit than the next small business owner. Now can we talk about something else now?
September 14, 2009
So the Cliff Notes version of Whitney’s world premiere, super-duper exclusive with Oprah, timed to coordinate with Whitney’s new CD, "I Look To You": Yes, Bobby really was as toxic a husband as he appeared to be. (But she really, really, really loved him.)
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
One month after its launch, #Music seems poised to go the way of the dodo.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life