by Jelani Cobb onFebruary 13, 2009
Presidents Day was once a rude interruption to Black History Month, a reminder of whose terms we were on. This Presidents Day I find myself celebrating.
by Kai Wright onJanuary 8, 2009
It's easy to criticize "nutty" progressives for questioning Obama's choices. But Lincoln could never have become the Great Emancipator without dissenters forcing his hand.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt